Did you know we can learn something about happy marriage from people who divorce?
In the Wall Street Journal last week, psychologist Terri Orbuch said that divorced people believe similar lack of behaviors contributed to the end of their marriages.
- They regret the way they handled money.
- They regret that they didn’t show their partners enough affection—with words as well as actions
- They regret how they couldn’t let go of the past.
- They regret the way they blamed their partner.
- They regret how they didn’t spend the ten focused minutes a day people need to really know each other.
Uh-oh. I do some of these now. Well….I did! Where is my smiley face character?
The above was taken from website http://spousebuzz.com/blog/2012/08/military-divorce-regrets.html