This recipe is the BOMB. As it’s the only thing I will eat for breakfast when I have a big day where I have to focus and get many things done fast. It’s like taking a bottle of ADHD medicine (not like I’ve done this before…cause that would probably kill me) (in fact I’ve never taken a single pill) but I’m sure this is what it feels like.
Laurie’s Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
- 2 Medium Ripe Bananas
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup oats (NOT steel cut)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp cinnamon (or more – just give your container a strong shake)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda.
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- 1/2 tsp Salt.
- 1/2 cup of Milk (this is where I get creative. I will make my own milk mixture! I use 1/3 part of vanilla creamer, 1/3 part of milk or silk milk or coconut milk, 1/3 part of regular milk. It doesn’t matter – use any type of creamer/milk you like. It will only change the thickness and well…obviously the taste. One time I used a pumpkin flavored creamer and 2 kids were thrilled, one was pissed (a non-pumpkin fan) Not because of the taste…but because he saw it on the counter and made all kinds of assumptions.
- Chocolate chips. (this part is different too…because I drop my chocolate chips in as soon as a pour the batter onto the skillet. Meaning I can control the amt of chocolate in each pancake. And since I live with non-chocolate lovers (gasp here) this keeps the peace.
- Blueberries (this is totally optional) ( Sometimes I mix them in the blender with all the other stuff and sometimes I just throw them straight into the batter that’s been just poured onto the skillet like I do with the chocolate chips)
- Put the banana in a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add the eggs and mix until well combined.
- Put the eggs mixture, oats, flour… (ah…well put everything in but the chocolate chips) into a blender and blend until fine. Stop once in a while to scrape down the sides if dry stuff sticks. If it’s too dry add more milk…
- Heat a skillet over a medium heat with a dash of vegetable oil or butter if you love flavor and could care less about calories.
- Pour ‘your size’ pancake into the skillet, throw on some chocolate chips and cook until the bubbles break open and STAY open. Then flip. Till golden brown.
- Serve (with or without maple syrup or whip cream or Nutella (go crazy – it’s breakfast – you have allll day to work it off!) and enjoy!